[time-nuts] 10 MHz Distribution Amp

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:29:33 UTC 2009

I guess I like simple stupid and common.
If the parts are at radio shack... thats indeed common.
I use a IRF510 fet $1.99 at RS.
Bias it into the linear region and then use a passive R splitter. Roughly
10K to Vdd
Doesn't get much easier then that.
I also will put a tank circuit on the drain and tune it if I want to make a
square wave into a sine wave. Use caps to isolate dc...
By the way I do also use Grassvalley video DAs and other broadcast DAs with
the clamping turned off. They easily go to 10 MC. But they draw a bit of
power compared to the simple fet approach.
Regards
Paul