[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillator accuracy)

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Mon Nov 16 03:37:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 07:17:37PM -0800, J. Forster wrote:

> There were, of course, no map or chart displays. Imagine what 20+ years of
> development would have brought.

	E Loran could supply the same basic position information as input
to charting and mapping software as GPS does... most of the code doesn't
care where the position came from one wit....

	But I am sure you know that (we are in violant agreement).

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in