[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 00:21:21 UTC 2009

magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

The  Thunderbolt Monitor does have it, I just ticked the box and had my
C/N  measures instead. In the "Setup" menu, select "Packet Masks and
Options..." where you in the "Packer 35 Options" frame, the "Auxiliary
(Byte 3)" sub-frame find a tick-box for "Output dBc/Hz". Tick the
tick-box and press the "Set Options" button and you get dBc/Hz values
rather than AMU values.
------------------

Yes, you're quite correct, obviously one of my not very observant  days:-)

---------------

> Whereas GPSMon changes the label of the field to suit it  doesn't help
that
> Thunderbolt Monitor leaves it described as  AMU regardless of the
setting:-)

A bit confusing indeed, but the  values should never really overlap, so
values should be a good hint on  what to expect.

Agreed, once you're actually aware there's more than one option:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR