[time-nuts] AMU vs dBc

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Tue Nov 24 12:17:46 UTC 2009

Hi Nigel,

a bit difficult to find, but here it is:
http://www.symmetricom.com/link.cfm?lid=4670

ut this is a Acutime document andt there is not much more
 in which is of interest concerning the Thunderbolt unit.

All well known by you I believe,
but I repeat it for other and new ThunderBolt owners:

TheTrimble Standard Interface Protocol for ThunderBolt
details can be found in the Thunderbolt Manual
"ThunderBolt GPS Disciplined Clock Manual Version 3.0"
ftp://ftp.trimble.com/pub/sct/embedded/bin/Manuals/Old%20Manuals/Thunderbolt.pdf
and as 2nd source
http://www.novotech.com/productinfo/trimble/Timing/Thunderbolt%20Manual.pdf

There is a version 4.0 out:
"ThunderBolt" GPS Disciplined Clock User Guide Version 4.0"
http://www.framos.eu/uploads/media/Thunderbolt_manual_1__02.pdf

For Thunderbolt E owners:
Thunderbolt E GPS Disciplined Clock User Guide
http://www.dpie.com/manuals/gps/trimble/ThunderboltE_UG_1B.pdf

I found a recommendation:
(I didn't try it because I am not a programmer)
"TSIPCHAT is a DOS based program using TSIP
(Trimbles Standard Interface Protocol) for the
system programmers to change the port settings,
send commands and gather reports."

More I did not find either, but Mark Sims and John Miles
will have summarized all the important commands in their LH
in the future version 3.0,
regards
Arnold