[time-nuts] UTC in Windows, and dual-booting

Robert Lutwak RLutwak at Comcast.net
Tue Oct 13 19:58:51 UTC 2009

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have a replacement for the
Windows clock (in the lower right corner of my screen) that displays
fractional MJD ?

At 03:38 PM 10/13/2009, Dick Moore wrote:
>Haven't seen this discussed here, but I think it's interesting. Seems
>Windows uses local time, whereas MacOSX and Linux, as well as other
>OSes use Posix/UTC. There's a discussion about why MS is all wrong on
>this, with a possible Win fix using regedit....
>
>http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/mswish/ut-rtc.html
>
>Best,
>Dick Moore

>and follow the instructions there.

-RL

----------------
Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
34 Tozer Rd.
Beverly, MA 01915

(978)
232-1461    (desk)                           RLutwak at Symmetricom.com
(Business)
(339)
927-7896    (mobile)                         Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu
      (Personal)