[time-nuts] LPRO Heat Sink?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 23 16:23:34 UTC 2009

The Rb physics package and associated ovens in the LPRO are thermally
isolated from the baseplate.  The only heat sources attached to the
baseplate are a couple of  TO-220 devices.  So the baseplate is acting
as an ordinary heatsink for them.

The 70C maximum rating for the baseplate is likely based on typical heat
losses from the other parts of the device.  If the baseplate (which is
easy to measure) is kept below 70C, the rest of the device (which is
inaccessible) should be okay.

Ed