[time-nuts] one-off PC board

Henry Hallam henry at pericynthion.org
Thu Aug 12 08:42:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Dick Moore <richiem at hughes.net> wrote:
> I have a board layout that I need made, simple single-side, 2.3 x 6.5 inches. Any suggestions on where I can get this made at a reasonable price? The mask layout I have is a printout from a pdf document that has black where the traces are and is full-size.

www.barebonespcb.com is high quality, fast and cheap.  Many board
houses offer a similar service.  The caveat is that they all expect
Gerber files rather than PDF.  You might be able to call and see if
they can take PDF as a special case.  Otherwise try to dig up the CAD
files that were used to create the PDF, or recreate the layout in
Eagle, gEDA, PCB Artist etc and export as Gerber.
Or skip the professional board houses and find someone with an etch
tank who can help.

Henry Hallam