[time-nuts] Loran?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 01:54:19 UTC 2010

Interesting
Just barely I may be seeing several chains on the east coast of the US near
Boston.
I am using a austron 2100 and a 2100F. Definitely see it trying to lock and
its does go into settle mode. But I am afraid I may have some nasty
switching power supply of some sort nearby. I see a bursting noise signal
semi synchronous at 100 KC. Never seen this before.

I seem to see 9007 and 6731 the best. 7499 nothing and would say 7001 quite
weak.
May have to go to the older Austron 2000c and take a look. That gives me
much more flexibility in control to confirm that I can see the signals.

Antenna is a Loran preamplified antenna (No idea the model hamfest
stuff) with a fiber glass whip 7' tall wound with hundreds of turns of #26
gauge wire as a single layer. Approx 6 ft off the ground.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL