[time-nuts] Loran?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:29:28 UTC 2010

Loran c in NE US.
Definitely acquired only 9007 on the austron 2100 and 2100f.
The systems can lock in as little as 20 minutes at the fine time of 0300
local.
But most likely after midnight to most likely 4 in the morning.
Now would be the time to have the HPIB interfaces and I don't. Would be able
to figure when the window is open to the US.

Using the antenna in described in this thread. The signal was at 77db on
both receivers. The signal to noise or noise (Have never under stood the
figure in austron sense) is 637 and a bad sig is 238. Old 9960 chain Master
60 miles was 37db as a reference.

Still see the noise burst signal and pretty sure its nothing within the
house. Everything was pretty much off at 0300.

The sky wave signal worked pretty well.
The 2100f is locked to GPS through a HP 3801 consistent at -2.4 e -9
The 2100 is locked to RB reference house and -1.5 e -10.
Kind of interesting that gps is not as good as the rb that I tuned when I
had local loran.
But clearly both are down in accuracy from what I have seen. Skywave
effects?

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL