[time-nuts] Small CPLD/FPGA for microcontroller replacement

Predrag Dukic stijena at tapko.de
Sat Feb 6 15:17:08 UTC 2010

You do not have to use external adcs/dacs.

It is possible to construct sigma-delta adc/dac all within  the
cpld/fpga fabric.

xilinx xapp154.pdf is one example   (or 153/155 I don't remember exactly).

also there exist so called antifuse CPLDs/FPGAs that REALLY do not
contain any sware,

and the programming information is hard-wired.  No eprom cells, no
registers/sram cells

containing config data at all.

Some oscillators can be also integrated (synthesized) , but those are
RC, You probably need quarz osc.

Predrag Dukic