[time-nuts] Hands on digital clock

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 17 01:01:02 UTC 2010

Lux, Jim (337C) wrote:
> (If you've ever seen the Villa d'Este in Tivoli, near Rome, you'd be amazed at what can be done with air and water pressure, ALL gravity fed)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_d%27Este  (which is actually a pretty lame description)  google for "villa d'este organ fountain" and you'll turn up some youtube video.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJumf6m44M is one of them

As I recall it, it was an hours bus ride from Termini, so it is a nice
day-activity to leave Rome and visit Villa d'Este and Tivoli. It was a
bit cold when I was there over 20 years ago.

Hmm... fluidistor counter, BCD decoder feeding small sprinklers for
"fluid-digital" display? PPS electrical input controlling a single
electrical-to-air-burst conversion. GPS-controlled of-course. :) Should
be possible to implement. :)

Cheers,
Magnus