[time-nuts] DMTD to MMTD

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Feb 17 22:09:39 UTC 2010

The latest version actually records time stamps from a continuously
running counter clocked at some at a constant frequency (100Mhz??)for
all channels simultaneously.
They may use a flag bit for each for each channel to indicate to which
channel or channels the zero crossing time stamp belongs.
I posted the link to the relevant paper which doesn't seem to have made
it to the list yet.

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2006/paper11.pdf

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2006/paper26.pdf

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA485911&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf
<http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA485911&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf>

The first link is the relevant one.

They make use of the multichannel data to identify out sources that have
a problem.
This isnt possible when just monitoring 2 channels at a time.

Bruce