[time-nuts] Tektronix TM500 Series Help

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:31:13 UTC 2010

The parts are definitely not darlingtons (but then,  I have only repaired over 1000 TM500 modules and mainframes...).  Both junctions measure around 0.545V.

Just about any general purpose power transistor will work just fine.  You want devices rated at least 60V and 20W.  I would tend to avoid devices with overly low (<20) or high (>100) beta.   If you can't find parts with the funky pinout,  you will have to manually wire up the leads.

The problem with ordering from Sphere is the prices.  Their parts tend to be expensive and the shipping is a killer ($22+ last time I ordered) for a simple transistor.  You can buy suitable replacements for under $0.50 each.