[time-nuts] HP 5372A Fan

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 10 13:02:06 UTC 2010

Ed Palmer wrote:
> Good point about the filter, but it doesn't appear that the 5371a or
> 5372a ever had a filter.  Unless it was just done out of habit because
> other HP units did have a filter.

If you want to toss a filter on it because your environment isn't
exactly clean, it is trivial. Maybe that is part of their rational.

I am by no means a fan and air-flow expert, but I seem to recall
something about it being easier to push air into a box than pulling it
out of it.

Higher pressure air should also have a slightly higher ability to remove
heat (more molecules to heat), but I guess heating-gurus can tell me it
is of marginal effect.

Cheers,
Magnus