[time-nuts] Divider pecking order ?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Mar 22 01:41:03 UTC 2010

>> The TSC5120A allows phase noise measurements on signals with
>> frequencies down to 1MHz.
>> Classical diode mixer based systems can go somewhat lower in frequency.
> You should realize that I have reasons to believe that the limit is one
> of software parameters rather than anything else.
>
> Lacking a TSC5120A or sufficiently similar in my lab...

I'll use a 5120A for 10M to 5M or 2.5M or 1M cases.

Below that I'm in the same situation as you, with the usual
lab assortment of HP, SRS, Wavecrest, and Pendulum TI
counters. I have logging for all of them; except Wavecrest
but Said has experience with that noisy beast and is already
helping me out (Thanks!).

/tvb