[time-nuts] OT - New Mexico travel and the VLA

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Mar 23 23:11:37 UTC 2010

When in Las Cruces, go to Ranchway on Valley Drive (just south of
Picacho). It is my favorite Mexican food restaurant. Their chile is
not hot. They have a wide menu selection (including a few
non-traditional items) and good prices. They also have excellent
barbecue. It's a nice little family run place and has been around
since the 70's.

We no longer have any decent Italian restaurants in town. For
Mediteranian, try International Delights or Tiffany's.

For the franchises, there is Chile's, Applebee's and Red Lobster.
Sadly, no Olive Garden yet.

I haven't been to the VLA in years, but my understanding is that the
"real" tour that shows you all the neat stuff isn't offered to regular
tourists.

Joe Gray
KA5ZEC