[time-nuts] Making a HP 10811 better

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 15:51:52 UTC 2010

Bert asked

> "why would  I  want to mess with them at all if they are already under
> 1E-12?"

    Don't know about you, The reason I'd mess with them is cause I'm nuts
and can make them even better.
And Allan variance is not everything.
Have you plotted their Freq change over time with better than 1E-12
resolution?
If you are a True NUT, I'm betting you would see things that would make you
sick.
Things such as line freq spurs, Freq jumps, the effects of: changing
temperature, changing PS, changing time, changing Load, partial injection
locking to other osc friends around them, and maybe even to the changing
moon.

Don't forget the Basic Nut Cake pledge.
If it can be made better then it is not good enough

Or for the more practical answer;
Cause I can make mine good enough with some help from two of its friends,
named GPS and Rb, that I do not need a Cs primary standard.

ws