[time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors (was Capacitor Failures)

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sat Oct 23 17:00:51 UTC 2010

The Advin U84 that I use will do all EPROMS, PALS, GALS, EPLD's, MACH, etc from the
late 1970's up through the mid 1990's... it craps out when the 5V devices fell out of
fashion, and 3.3V (and lower) became popular.  The DAC's they used couldn't supply enough
resolution on the supply pins.  Their newer machines will do the same up through current
devices, but I don't wish to shell out another $4K for the capability.

-Chuck Harris