[time-nuts] OT: weather stations

k6rtm at comcast.net k6rtm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 3 05:45:21 UTC 2010

Brice--

I'm also running weather display: http://home.comcast.net/~weatherbox/wxsc/wx.html

I don't know an easy way to automagically sync the Davis clock with the tbolt other than what WD offers (LH and WD are hosted on the same Windows box, and LH whacks the clock on that box). I make sure the rain gauge is clear a few times a year. I don't have a problem with feathered visitors leaving samples in my rain gauge -- the other antennas on the roof, a discone on one mast and an eggbeater on the other, don't offer comfortable perches. Not as comfortable as the 70 foot tree across the street -- which is mostly in the due North blank spot, or the other large trees nearby. But a two-story house and an elevation mask of at least 20 degrees make those trees not an issue as far as GPS signals are concerned.

73 de Bob K6RTM in Silicon Valley

Message: 1