[time-nuts] LPRO101 orientation vs lock

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 11:24:10 UTC 2010

d.seiter-"...Both then and now, it takes about 45 seconds to lock from cold,
and will stay locked for about 45 minutes...."

I'm surprised that it locks in 45 seconds, I would expect it to take about 3-4
minutes. All the units I have lock in 3-5 minutes if they are good, or longer if
they are nearing end of life. The manual also specifies 3-4 minutes to lock.

As to the heat sink, that may be a problem. Check to see that the baseplate
temperature does not exceed 70 degrees C. This could be your problem. The
manual states: "When thermal control is lost the result is a large rate of change
of frequency versus temperature. As the baseplate temperature increases the
unit will eventually lose lock."

   -Arthur