[time-nuts] LPRO101 orientation vs lock

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Sep 16 11:32:09 UTC 2010

Hi

First thing would be a touch test on the heat sink. It should be warm, but not to hot to touch. Heat sink down should be hotter than vertical. That assumes there's no moving air.

Next, start watching the VCXO voltage. Normal readings are around 5 to 7 volts. I'd bet you are running closer to the rails. If so a VCXO repair may help.

Past that it gets complex. The end of life on a Rb is indeed loss of lock...

Bob