[time-nuts] MCL Antenna Splitter

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 18:58:26 UTC 2010

I am using one of the MCL-ZAPD-3DB units I bought new on Ebay
and it was easy to change the input antenna connector from an “N”
to the “TNC” connector that I needed, eliminating an adaptor and
probably a little loss. One of the outputs from the ZAPD is
connected to a 40-2400MHz 4–way splitter (with “F” connectors)
that was designed for TV applications. I bought a splitter with one
output with d.c. pass through so the T-bolt I leave on all the time
can power the antenna. They do make a model with all 4 ports with
d.c. pass through but I chose to go with the one. Seeing the T-bolts
use an “F” connector as well, it makes most of the cabling pretty
simple and off the shelf. I realize there are better ways to accomplish
this but my way was inexpensive, simple, and effective, at least for
my needs.
                                       -Arthur