[time-nuts] MCL Antenna Splitter

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 27 19:19:22 UTC 2010

Home depot here in Canada sells a three way (one input, three outputs) satellite
TV splitter with power pass thru on one port only.   This works okay with my
Thunderbolt and Rockwell Jupiter based GPSDO, with the un used port terminated
with a 75 ohm load.    I did notice that when I powered the antenna via the
Rockwell GPS that the thunderbolt showed an open antenna as expected.    When
I disconnected the Rockwell GPS from the power pass thru port on the splitter
the thunderbolt then powered the antenna.  This was not expected so as a
precaution I disabled the 5 volt power output from the Rockwell GPS only power
the antenna from from the Thunderbolt.

If I decide to leave both GPSDO's running full time I'll likely invest in a
propper GPS splitter.