[time-nuts] 60hz disciplined watch

Kasper Pedersen time-nuts at kasperkp.dk
Wed Apr 20 16:44:42 UTC 2011

On 04/20/2011 05:26 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Are you sure ?
>
> Here in europe that was lost in the "privatization" of the grid: Nobody
> was charged with paying for the extra power needed to capture lost
> cycles, so now they just try to keep it close to 50.0Hz and don't
> care about the integral.

The mainland Europe grid (which you are not on, I know..) looks like this:

http://n1.taur.dk/grid/plt.png
http://n1.taur.dk/grid/pltw.png (very large with grid)

y axis is phase in seconds, x axis is time

The plot is 130 days long, 60sec/130d= 5ppm
but
in that plot is also 5 days in a row where the frequency is 230ppm high.

/Kasper Pedersen