[time-nuts] Software for Tektronix FCA3100 Counter -- AKA Pendulum CNT91

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 10:37:40 UTC 2011

magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

TimeLab  should be able to work with it as the CNT91 supports TalkOnly
(and TimeLab  only supports TalkOnly counters for generic types). I can't
use my CNT90  with TimeLab, as it doesn't have TalkOnly mode unfortunately.

Tektronix  and Fluke re-badged them. Spectracom bought Pendulum and in
the end they  closed the Stockholm office and the Pendulum design-team
dispersed.
------------------
Thanks Magnus

I'd downloaded version 0.979 in November, but because the release note for
that version stated "Added driver for HP 5335A counter" I just assumed that
 any device would need a machine specific driver.
That'll teach me not to do my homework properly, and not to jump to
unwarranted conclusions:-), I'll give it a try.

I was aware of the re-badging and of Spectracom taking over Pendulum, but
wasn't aware of the closer of the Stockholm office and the loss of the
design  team, that would seem to be a very short sighted business decision:-(

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR