[time-nuts] "The GPS navigation is the weakest point,"

Joe Leikhim JLeikhim at Leikhim.com
Thu Dec 15 23:41:07 UTC 2011

Arriving this week, IEEE Magazine this months issue has an article about
pilot-less commercial airliners, comparing the UAV drone technology as
being readily available to fly paying passengers from here to there.
Coincidentally the table of contents page depicts a drone which appears
to be this very same "Beast of Kandahar" taking off! I look forward to
the future letters column. I for one would not trust a pilot-less plane
to transport me knowing that a terrorist need only to jam or spoof the
GPS constellation, and bring down hundreds of planes. Heck, the proposed
LightSquared system could bring the planes down.

--
Joe Leikhim

Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida

www.Leikhim.com

JLeikhim at Leikhim.com

407-982-0446

Note to GMail Account users. Due to an abnormally high volume of spam originating from bogus GMail accounts, I have found it necessary to block certain GMail traffic. Please phone me if you believe your message was not received.