[time-nuts] Farm GPS jamming?

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Fri Dec 16 18:00:03 UTC 2011

 Here in Kansas near a bombing range.  Last year I was pheasant hunting nearby with a farmer big into precision ag, RTK on all equipment.  Walking across a grain sorghum field I commented about a very crooked set of rows compared to the rest.  "Oh, a B2 went over and it takes a while sometimes to get the row straight afterwards".

Not to much different from my experience in the 60s when driving a combine in the same area I shut of the engine and plugged the whole straw handling system after I suddenly heard the loudest roar imaginable and thought something bad broke. The shadow of a B52 at a few hundred feet altitude immediately answered that question, but not the straw which had to come out by hand.

N0UU