[time-nuts] Farm GPS jamming?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 16 18:14:28 UTC 2011

Hi N0UU:

Moffett Filed in Mountain View has the normal approach side of both runways along a six foot chain link fence that's
directly adjacent to the 101 freeway.  I think the rule is they are supposed to clear the freeway by 100 feet, but the
only practical limit is that the bottom of the wheels clear the fence.  You can imagine what it's like to be driving
along the freeway and have a plane fly over your car  (you normally don't drive looking out the side windows) ten feet
above you.  It was the P-3 Orion sub hunters most of the time and occasionally a U-2 (NASA?) or C-5 (Lockheed delivering
a satellite).

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com