[time-nuts] eBay Giveaway Vectron OCXOs

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Fri Dec 23 21:49:45 UTC 2011

I tested a couple of the oscillators. The Reference Output Voltage does not
plateau as the input voltage is increased. It does hit 3.00V for an input of
3.3V. It is at 4.5V when the input is 5v and keeps climbing well past 5V as
the input voltage is raised. So, it appears to be a simple 0.9 times the
input voltage. One unit failed at 12V. At 3.3V, the initial current drain is
0.45A for a net power of 1.48W and after a short time the current drops to
0.16A for a net power of 0.53W. Both numbers are well below the maximum
ratings, but typical ratings are not given and the rapid drop between the
two plateaus indicates the oven controller is working fine.

So, my bet is placed on the devices being 3.3V.

John  WA4WDL