[time-nuts] eBay Giveaway Vectron OCXOs

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Fri Dec 23 22:21:32 UTC 2011

John,

If the one that failed is now dead, they are not all that hard to open
up. Component
failure analysis once was a job for me. I've not looked at my two
closely and they
are not in front of me, but I use to grind off the seam two ways, have
a can opener,
they actually make them for this purpose. If not and you have a model shop
start by using a belt sander to 'grind' down the lip, then I'd take
over with a die grinder
and a set of very fine files.

If you really want to gamble, and have a cheap pair of cutters you
dont mind abusing,
and if the can is not steel you can cut the lip off.

Either way, the edges will be VERY sharp, ...

-pete