[time-nuts] 2nd 5370B

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Feb 11 21:40:58 UTC 2011

In message <AANLkTim2GEcwOJaG9scC+q7q8bvXE8VAPf38mu_r_mDs at mail.gmail.com>, paul
 swed writes:

>Still with a handful of these USB sensors and instruments my bench would be
>1000 LBS lighter and the power consumption 20 watts.

Well... There is a nasty tendency to needed one laptop per instrument
to avoid ground-loops and that means laptops with batteries that can
hold up for how ever long your measurement is going to take.

Better quality USB instruments, like Agilents Power Sensors do not
seem to suffer from this, but much of the low-class stuff does.