[time-nuts] Enclosure for Thunderbolt

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:48:42 UTC 2011

Look at Ten Tec's line of "B Series" cases.  Very profesional look for
about $50.
http://www.tentec.com/?s=enclosures

My preference is to gut an old DVD player and re-purpose the box. But
if you want the look of a traditional instrument, that is what ten tec
sells  They are well known in the ham radio world and been around for
a long time.

If you prefer the rack-mount look then try Par Metals at
http://www.par-metal.com/

Both are small US companies that will deal with small orders and have
good prices

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:26 PM,  <EWKehren at aol.com> wrote:
> James
> I was strongly criticized in the past but again look at HP's half width
> cases like the HP 37203A, there are many instruments out there for next to
> nothing in that size case and it looks very professional. My Dual Mixer goes
> into one of those, and if you can not find one contact me directly I have a
> few.  I put my Tbolt in a case that size but from R&S and added my Patek
> Philippe.  I also added battery backup. May add a LCD display.
> Bert Kehren
>

> In a message dated 2/22/2011 9:07:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> james at jfits.ca writes:
>
> Does  anyone have a recommendation for a nice instrument style enclosure to
> house  a Trimble Thunderbolt and a matching Mean-Well power supply with a
> bit
> of  room to spare for connectors and cabling? My goal is to package
> everything  together into a proper looking instrument to stack on my bench.
>
> Many  Thanks, James

=====
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California