[time-nuts] LCD display connector

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Tue Jan 4 15:50:52 UTC 2011

El 04/01/2011 16:23, Chuck Harris escribió:
> [You possibly weren't aware, but denaturing is done 100% for the tax man.
>
> The tax man is happy to let you have your ethanol free of the sin tax,
> as long as some poison is added that will kill or maim you, if you drink
> it.]

It is really nice - if you defraud the tax-man by drinking that alcohol,
you dead :)
> 91% and 99% isopropyl alcohol, available from your drug, or grocery,
> store
> is perfectly suited to cleaning electronic assemblies, such as the
> OP's LCD
> display connector.  It is economical, available everywhere, and works
> very
> well.  The more water in it, the less well it works as a solvent, so
> it is
> better to start with the 99% variety.
>
> If you are doing critical chemistry experiments, or something where you
> absolutely, positively, must have the purest form known to man, with a
> traceable provenance, pay the extra money and buy from a chemical
> supplier
> you trust.

I usually buy it from Farnell, in 1-litre can and in aerosol form, made
by Electrolube. Here is the data sheet
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/316731.pdf

It claims 99.7% purity, 0.15% max water content (I suspect that the can
quickly exceeds that content once opened...)

Regards,

Javier