[time-nuts] Back-list import, was: 10 MHz Oscillator comparison part II

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 13 21:05:21 UTC 2011

>I'm new here. What is the simplest way to make all the older messages
>appear in my local email program? So I can local search for topics.

If you look at the bottom of every message to time-nuts, there is a URL to
unsubscribe.  That's also the subscribe and list-info page.  You probably
used it to sign up.  (The URL even says "listinfo".)

Near the top of that page is a link to the archives.

The archives contain monthly batches.  If I wanted a local copy of
everything, I'd look at the URL pattern and write a script to retrieve them
all, then figure out how to unzip them and put things into a format I wanted.

For most topics, you can find what you want with google and then poke around
through the archives via the web pages.  That probably doesn't work as well
if you don't know what you are looking for and just want to browse the
archives using a mail program that you are familiar with.