[time-nuts] counter

Tristan Steele tristan.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 00:25:23 UTC 2011

Hi Don,

At the risk of speaking out of turn, and not knowing too much about this
project (I'm new here!) have you considered something like these boards:

http://www.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=d282dce6c5b0acfe45c1377315b2734c

They use the Spartan 3E chips, like alot of low cost FPGA boards and also
they expose the JTAG headers.  I'm unsure of the license of the current
programming software but it is likely to be pretty hack-friendly as the
board designs themselves are released under creative commons.

They are designed for use with the Arduino project and a soft core, though
this is certainly not required.  I've been looking at them as a nice, low
cost FPGA board that is pretty configurable.

I have no affiliation with the site, other then being a prospective
customer.  I also haven't bought any of them yet, so I haven't actually
tested them

Just my $0.02,

Tristan