[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 03:54:10 UTC 2011

I've not been to Beijing but the National Palace Museum in Taipei has some
remarkable mechanical clocks, including water clocks.  My Significant Other
is Taiwanese and whenever I get smug there is nothing like a visit to the
NPM to remind me that the Chinese were crafting breathtaking objets d'art
and wonderfully functional machines when we arrogant Euro-Americans were
still swinging by our tails from the trees.