[time-nuts] Am I the only Time Nut who doesn't wear a watch?

Paul Nelson drhydro at qwest.net
Mon Jul 11 21:14:43 UTC 2011

There's a good writeup on accuracy on wikipedia-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSC

includes a handy table comparing mechanical movement and quartz movement
requirements.
To be considered a chronometer, the daily rate must be within -4 to +6
secs/day. The stability of the rate over time is more important than the
actual rate.

(Interestingly- any quartz watch or clock I have is much more accurate
than my Hamilton Model 21 ship's chronometer!- a video of one of these
beauties-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We1dLNXiBj0)

--
Paul Nelson W5GNF              "When I go, I want to go quietly, in my
Ames, Iowa                     sleep, like my grandfather- not