[time-nuts] More on LightSquared

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sun Jun 5 15:02:48 UTC 2011

Someone in the industry said that it makes so little sense that there
must be some other way for it (the proposal, not the technology) to work.

The shorting financially is one way and the prime investor in L^2 is a
major hedge fund. The other possibility I heard proposed by my friend is
that at the last minute there will be a compromise to let them move to a
different portion of the spectrum than the idiotic plan. The gain for
L^2 would be that they get the spectrum handed to them that would have
cost big $ if they had started negotiating for at the beginning.

Anyone want to bet against either a big financial gain based on shorting
or something like CDS when the deal melts down, or a big bait and switch
at the last minute that saves GPS with a big giveaway?