[time-nuts] More on LightSquared

Mike Naruta AA8K aa8k at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 15:46:39 UTC 2011

That's an interesting idea Jim.

What if the re-aggregating Ma Bell is about to
swallow T-Mobile in order to attempt control
of the mobile phone market.  Ma needs to be
careful to not awaken the monopoly regulators.

Ah, Ma can point to new LightSquared as being a
competitor.  Then, after acquiring T-Mobil, it
is discovered that LightSquared is a technical
disaster and must fold.  She could even have
started LS and write off the cost of the LS
losses; she has a large amount of money.

Of course this fantasy would require a lot of
secret, back-room deals.