[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

Will Matney xformer at citynet.net
Mon Jun 27 17:21:57 UTC 2011

That made me laugh, as unsightly and farm seems to go well together (no
matter how you keep it cleaned up)! Wonder what he would have done, if
after he pulled the grounds, that he found a prized horse dead from
electrocution?

One thing about here in the US, well at least now, and after having the
NEC, is that an installation can't get past inspection without a ground rod
at the meter, and most times one at the pole too. Plus, if you have copper
or steel water pipe in the house, it's connected to gorund, and any natural
gas system piping is connected to a ground rod at its meter, or it should
be.

One would think that the earths resistance, especially in a dry climate,
would be too high to work correctly, at all, without having a neutral and
ground running with the hot. I would think you would get a lot of
brown-outs over this?  I learn something new every day.

Best,

Will