[time-nuts] Those pesky Neutrinos again...

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 20 20:14:17 UTC 2011

On 11/20/2011 08:55 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<000001cca7b9$09112a50$1b337ef0$@btinternet.com>, "Robin Kimberley"
> writes:
>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15791236
>
> The most intelligent comment I have heard about it so far, was from
> Demitrious @ USNO, who said that since Neutrinoes are not of
> electromagnetic nature, there is really no reason to think relativity
> applies to them.

Indeed. Neutrinos does not interact with photons, where as most other
matter connects with photons. So if one think of neutrinos as being
non-photonic it becames apparent that the limit of speed of light (i.e.
of photons and photonic matter) does not really.

So, maybe one needs not to ask why neutrinos are so fast, rather ask why
photons are so slow.

The Sagnac effect between the labs is 2.201 ns, but wither to actually
use this effect or not becomes an open question, because we can't be
sure that neutrinos actually obey that law, we can only guess.

It seems that nature has something to teach us. A whole bunch of new
physics have something new to work on. :)

Cheers,
Magnus