[time-nuts] 2

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Oct 4 15:36:16 UTC 2011

I don't know how it's done, but I've asked some people who've had their
email addresses hijacked over the last year. It is clear that their
address books have been downloaded as well.

The answer I keep getting is "I joined LinkedIn or FaceBook recently".

Maybe the social networking sites provide an entry point. I don't know,
but there is a  positive correlation between them and email addresses
being hijacked by spammers.

-John