[time-nuts] Making a 10811 better

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Tue Sep 20 21:18:35 UTC 2011

> Unfortunately, virtually all Freon useage has been banned by the EPA (they
> are said to be "greenhouse gases") and the stuff in now almost unobtanium.

Actually, it's obtainable if you have a license. However most of the non-ozone friendly Freon's they no longer are allowed to
PRODUCE in the US... Hence we just import it from China and other countries... *rolleyes*

Likewise air conditioning manufactures found loopholes in the law. They still sell equipment that runs on R-22, they just pre-charge
the units with nitrogen (that has to be evacuated before its charged with Freon). Or the equipment (like the evaporator coil) can
run on whatever Freon, you just replace an orifice that meters the flow for which Freon you plan on using in the system.

Sorry for the slightly OT... ;)