[time-nuts] Making a 10811 better

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Sep 20 21:49:16 UTC 2011

Some years ago, I got a similar survey from the EPA about what solvents my
small company used. They hounded us for months and months, threatening
lawyers and all sorts of dire penalties. They demanded all sorts of
information, like what alternatives there were to our solvent useage, how
we disposed of it, and a litany of other things.

Finally they went away, but not until they had wasted many hours of our time.

You see, we bought our solvents at Home Depot and used one or two quarts a
year. But that was immaterial to the paper-pushers.

So, if you need Freon, I'd think long and hard, and maybe take up
gardening instead.




> Actually, it is possible to legally buy and use small quantities of
> CFC refrigerants, which are exempt from the regulations for
> scientific or laboratory use - as evidenced by filling out a special
> EPA form along with your order. R-11 is trichlorofluoromethane, the
> closest sub for R-114, which seems to be unavailable.
> I found a link to the form last December, but it seems to be inactive
> now. I managed to find the latest location, listed below:
> http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/etc/medialib/docs/Aldrich/General_Information/1/epa-ods-labinitiative-6-4-10.Par.0001.File.tmp/epa-ods-labinitiative-6-4-10.pdf
> Hopefully an individual can claim this use.
> Filing the form also helps the argument to continue the exemption - a
> rational
> approach.
> Ed
> _______________________________________________
> time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
> To unsubscribe, go to
> https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
> and follow the instructions there.

More information about the time-nuts mailing list