[time-nuts] Antenna for t-bolt

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Mon Apr 2 23:08:27 UTC 2012

The firmware filters out the low angle birds. [And it is a variable in
Lady Heather.] However, it is quite possible the antennas specifically
designed for timing have better immunity to low angle QRM. If I were to
mount the GPS antenna on a cell phone tower, I'd certainly want it to be
dead on the horizon. But for use away from cell phone towers, I'd not
sure the timing antenna is any better. Someone would have to do the
experiment to prove it.

I can loan one of these marine antennas if someone really is gung ho to
do the experiment.