[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Question

Ed Mersich wa6rzw at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 16:05:12 UTC 2012

I have been using a surplus Thunderbolt for about six months, and it seemed
to be working  fine.  In January 2012, a message came up in yellow, (LEAP
PENDING!), I don't know what this means, but since it didn't go away on Feb
28, must not be leap year related.  About a week ago I got a Holdover: xx
secs, message.  It was a new figure in yellow.  Yesterday the Thunderbolt
stopped working correctly, there were no satellites found.  I tried Lady
Heather, and Trimble Studio without success.    I finally got the unit back
in service with a program called "Tboltmon.exe".  After it was running for a
couple of hours I restarted Lady Heather.  This morning I again have
"Holdover: 50 secs".

Does it sound normal, or is this unit headed for the junk box?  Sorry, I am
not very technical about this type of electronics.   You can see a snapshot
of Lady Heather at: http://wa6rzw.homelinux.net/addon/fmt/fmt_2.php  Any
comments or suggestions would be appreciated.  73  Ed,  WA6RZW