[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:57:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Andrew Back <andrew at carrierdetect.com>wrote:

> On 26 April 2012 00:41, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Rasberry pi appears to have fallen victim to poor pre market research.
>  Essentially vapor for now.  Don't know when you can get one.  I have been
> looking to get one since march.  RadioShack carries arduino.
>
> They started shipping last week and I know quite a few people with
> them. There were some delays due to first a manufacturing error, and
> then some tweaks for CE/FCC approval (might look like a dev board, but
> kids will be handling these...)

Closed source drivers and "binary blob" firmware.    I'd have nothing to do
with a project that includes either of those. I'd require a open source
platforms with a 100% free tool chain.   Also, it is a bit of overkill
after all a bare PIC works fine for this application.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California