[time-nuts] Advice on Austron 1250A

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Sun Aug 19 03:48:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 08:23:45PM -0500, Dave M wrote:
> Does anyone in the group have any experience or advice on the Austron 1250A
> Crystal Frequency Standard?  I have a chance to buy one for $250 tomorrow at
> a local hamfest, but can't find anything in the archives on them.  It's very
> clean, and the seller says that it is in perfect working order.  He's local
> to the area, so I can easily get back with him in case of troubles.

	For comparison purposes, I paid $106 + $30 shipping for one last
August.  They're great standards, but I'm not sure I'd pay $250 for one.
$200 maybe.  But some might call me cheap.  :)

	As for advice?  If you do buy it, budget for a dozen D cell
tabbed NiCd rechargables ($60ish).  You'll probably need to replace
the internal battery pack.

	If they haven't been replaced, you might be able to beat a
concession out of the seller on that basis.

	--msa