[time-nuts] Using a frequency synthesizer replacement for motherboard oscillator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Dec 1 00:26:29 UTC 2012

Hi

In the case of the Soekris, it was not the real time clock that we all played with. THe clock you fiddle is the CPU clock. The system is running FreeBSD or Lunix, so it's a cut above a typical embedded system. A RTOS (like Windows CE) will indeed do a bit better with a good CPU clock. Anything like conventional Windows will still have issues, even with a good clock.

Bob