[time-nuts] GPSDO Alternatives

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:28:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM, <SAIDJACK at aol.com> wrote:

> If there is one thing I learned, it is that one is never finished improving
>  the software. That is why we are time-nuts I guess.

This is the reason I suggested using the Arduino.  It is so easy to program
that MANY people will be able to contribute.  That is my goal, a GPSDO that
can be a "living project" that is not dependent on one or a few experts.
I'd like to see a budget of well under $100, again so that more people can
contribute and experiment.

A design that can evolve will have just about any performance people want.
 So don't worry about if it is 1E-12 or 1E-15.  Just make it transparent
and easy to understand and modify.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California